A Gooner’s Dream Come True!

No need to pinch yourselves, Henry really is coming back! This is a truly great day for Arsenal Football Club. The greatest man to feature in the club’s history is returning. It hasn’t really sunk in yet. This is HUGE for Arsenal. Am I glad that I’ve got tickets to see him in January or what?! I literally cannot wait to see him and Van Persie ripping defences to shreds – again. What a great end-of-year present.

The only thing that’s not quite perfect for this fairy-tale deal is that Walcott doesn’t look like budging from his No.14 shirt any time soon, leaving TH stuck with 12, which means I’ll have to change my number on FIFA; we can’t have that, can we? 1000 of me aren’t half as legendary as Henry is. I’ll have to change to No.52 and hope that Bendtner doesn’t come back – Sunderland can keep him. They can take Chamakh too on a double-permanent switch if they like.

I’m already looking forward to seeing Thierry improve on his 226 goals for the club – just imagine what he would be on if he had stayed. I’m glad he left when he did – he did his absolute best for the club and it freshened up the team – even if it didn’t bring any trophies. Who knows, if he had stayed on in 07/08 we may not have seen the emergence of Cesc Fabregas who announced himself as a world-class player in that season. In many ways, it was a blessing in disguise, and makes his return all the more special.

Welcome Back Titi. Come On You Reds!


Comments