Apologies...I'm Back...

Nothing can keep me from blogging for too long! I am extremely apologetic to those, if there are any, who eagerly anticipate my bi-weekly posts; I have been struck by a ghastly combination of illness and college-related fatigue thanks to the mass volume of assignments I've been getting lately. And although blogging may be worthwhile, unfortunately, my education comes first. I wish it were the other way around.


Thankfully, in a week or so full of racial scandal and controversy, not to mention a few shocking results recently, there is plenty for me to vent my anger/praise at.


Share this page if you want to punch his face in (wink, wink).
This racist business is starting to get out of hand. The FA certainly take their time in making there decisions regarding the accusations; how much evidence can there possibly be? Suarez vs Evra was over 5 weeks ago, and the longer it goes on, the more the debates will ignite and more trouble will be created. If they'd sat down and got it sorted within a week we wouldn't have these outbursts from Gus Poyet (who just happens to be Uruguayan, perhaps?) saying that Evra is a cry-baby. In his defence, if he is asked to have an interview with TalkSport, it's the presenters that ask him the questions. If he had come out with those comments without any instruction to do so it would've been a different story. 


Anyone who thinks that Poyet and Suarez are both racist because of this are lunatics. At the moment, Evra only has his word against Suarez's. Personally, I'm on Suarez's side until he's proven guilty. Despite this, the FA have still charged him with racial abuse. Baffling as that is, I would always be on the side of the accused until they are properly convicted - being racist is one thing, but lying about someone being racist is another. I hope the right thing is done in the end.


Terry vs Ferdinand, (the better Ferdinand, in my opinion), is even more interesting. Not only because it only came about in the first place through people filming the so-called evidence on TV and placing it on YouTube, but because, as with the Suarez case, it is yet to reach a conclusion. God forbid that common sense will prevail and Terry would not be convicted of racism for saying 'blind', but alas, this was never going to be a possibility. 


The part that confuses me the most about this case is from when Anton Ferdinand submitted his evidence and statement to the FA. Surely, though, if he was to deny Terry being racist, they wouldn't hide what his evidence was, would they? What would be the reason for blinding us - haha, how ironic - from the truth about this situation. Surely it is a matter of the simple question: "Was John Terry racist to you?", and a much more simpler "Yes" or "No". This makes me believe he may have said something different... there should be an interesting conclusion to this, but again, as long as the right outcome is reached.


If there's one good thing to come out of all of this, it's stone-cold proof that the failure of a man that Sepp Blatter is nothing more than a complete and utter moron! I'm sure you've heard this time and time again, but I have to repeat it just in case you guys think I'm a racist: Saying that racism can be settled with a handshake is like saying that diving can be settled by chopping the diver's legs off. It's just ridiculous. Even though he did apologise, at what point does anyone think that is a valid point to make? Even more shocking was the fact that he couldn't believe the reaction that followed his absurd words! Seriously, what planet is this guy on?! I want him out, the man is clearly going crazy with age. Giving Russia the World Cup was one thing, but this is beyond all levels of stupidity.


Although, I must say I do admire his defence in saying he wasn't racist, by introducing the world to a man called Tokyo Sexwale. Even though the pronunciation wasn't as we'd probably prefer, he has inspired me to make up my very own fantasy name. 


What's your capital city + something you like + favourite animal nickname?
By the way, I have decided to officially make this blog 24/7, hopefully starting in the new year once I find my feet in college. In the meantime, I'd love if you could keep reading 'cos I would hate for this to be a waste of time.


Thanks for reading,


Paris Curryzebra.

Comments